ademtepedelen.com • 206.718.9495
firstname.lastname@example.org • IG:@ademtepedelen_
• A Fabulous Disaster: From the Garage to Madison Square Garden the Hard Way (Hachette 2025). Co-authored with Gary Holt of Exodus/Slayer. (In progress)
• Mud Ride: A Messy Trip Through the Grunge Explosion (Chronicle Prism 2023). Co-authored with Steve Turner of Green River/Mudhoney.
• The Brewtal Truth Guide to Extreme Beers: An All-Excess Guide to Brewing’s Outer Limits (Lyons Press 2013)
• Island Wineries of British Columbia (Touchwood, 2011). Named Best Wine Book in Canada by Gourmand International. Co-authored.
Freelance Writer/Editor 2/02–present
• I do both journalistic writing and copy writing. My work has appeared in a variety of national and regional magazines, including: All About Beer, Imbibe, Fine Cooking, Northwest Palate, Decibel, RollingStone.com, Mojo, Seattle Weekly, Revolver, Canoe & Kayak and many others. I have done marketing copy writing—both web and print projects—for REI, Eddie Bauer, Cascade Designs and AIRE, as well as working on projects for a number of highly respected creative agencies.
• My monthly beer column, “Brewtal Truth,” appeared in every issue of Decibel magazine for nearly 10 years. I also wrote the “Divine Drinks” column—about beer, wine and spirits—for Y.A.M. magazine (Victoria, BC) from 2012 to 2016.
Print Copy Writer Recreation Equipment, Inc. (REI), Seattle, WA 5/00–2/02
• My duties included writing technical copy and creating headlines and concepts for catalogs, sale flyers and in-store signage. Proofreading, fact-checking and attention to detail were also key aspects of this position.
Associate/Senior Editor Canoe & Kayak Magazine, Seattle, WA 5/98–5/00
• I started as Associate Editor, and was promoted to Senior Editor and given additional responsibilities. Primary responsibilities included writing, copy editing, proofreading and editing for Canoe & Kayak, its four annuals and the trade publication, Paddlesports Business. In addition, I assigned and coordinated features, as well as set up product reviews.
2008 Michael Jackson Beer Journalism Award
2003 Retail Advertising Marketing Association RAC Award (Copy Writing)
Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR Sept. 1985–Sept. 1989