ademtepedelen.com • 206.718.9495
email@example.com • @brewtaltruth
Copy Writer and Marketing Manager Cook St. Liquor, Victoria, BC 5/09–4/19
• Duties for this craft beer-centric store included writing all blog, social media and marketing materials; assisting with craft beer curation; and sampling, assessing and writing tasting notes for all craft beer brought into the store and those being considered for the store. I sampled and wrote tasting notes for, on average, 100-plus beers per month, from around the world.
Freelance Writer/Editor 2/02–present
• I am currently a full-time freelance writer/editor. I do both journalistic writing and copy writing. My work has appeared in a variety of national and regional magazines, including: All About Beer, Imbibe, Fine Cooking, Northwest Palate, Decibel, RollingStone.com, Mojo, Seattle Weekly, Revolver, Canoe & Kayak and many others. I have done marketing copy writing—both web and print projects—for REI, Eddie Bauer, Cascade Designs and AIRE, as well as working on projects for a number of highly respected creative agencies.
Craft Beer Author 3/11–present
• My craft beer book, The Brewtal Truth Guide to Extreme Beers: An All-Excess Guide to Brewing’s Outer Limits, was published by Lyons Press in 2013. Prior to that, I co-wrote a wine book, Island Wineries of British Columbia (Touchwood, 2011), which was named Best Wine Book in Canada by Gourmand International.
Craft Beer Columnist 5/09–1/19
• My monthly beer column, “Brewtal Truth,” appeared in every issue of Decibel magazine for nearly 10 years. I also wrote the “Divine Drinks” column—about beer, wine and spirits—for Y.A.M. magazine (Victoria, BC) from 2012 to 2016.
Print Copy Writer Recreation Equipment, Inc. (REI), Seattle, WA 5/00–2/02
• My duties included writing technical copy and creating headlines and concepts for catalogs, sale flyers and in-store signage. Proofreading, fact-checking and attention to detail were also key aspects of this position.
Associate/Senior Editor Canoe & Kayak Magazine, Seattle, WA 5/98–5/00
• I started as Associate Editor, and was promoted to Senior Editor and given additional responsibilities. Primary responsibilities included writing, copy editing, proofreading and editing for Canoe & Kayak, its four annuals and the trade publication, Paddlesports Business. In addition, I assigned and coordinated features, as well as set up product reviews.
2008 Michael Jackson Beer Journalism Award
2003 Retail Advertising Marketing Association RAC Award (Copy Writing)
Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR Sept. 1985–Sept. 1989